Monday, March 17, 2008

3rd Journey

After spending some time in Antioch, Paul set out from there and traveled from place to place throughout the region of Galatia and Phrygia, strengthening all the disciples. Paul takes the road through the interior and arrives at Ephesus. Paul enters the synagogue and speaks boldly there for three months, some of them became obstinate; they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them. (Sound familiar) He took the disciples with him and had discussions daily in the hall of Tyrannous. This went on for two years, so that all the Jews and Greeks who lived in the province of Asia heard the word of the Lord. There is all these extraordinary miracles that God does through Paul, Jews and Greeks living in Ephesus, they were all seized with fear, and the name of the Lord Jesus was held in high honor. Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed their evil deeds. A number who had practiced sorcery bring their Harry potter scrolls together and have a book burning. The word of the Lord spread widely and grew in power. So Paul decides to go to Jerusalem, by he goes the long route through Macedonia and Achaia. On his way back, he will meet the Ephesian elders and say this, "You know how I lived the whole time I was with you, from the first day I came into the province of Asia. I served the Lord with great humility and with tears, although I was severely tested by the plots of the Jews. You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house. I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus. Compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears. But he can leave Ephesus in the first place, there’s a riot. He may have may been imprisoned for a while. Finally leaves and goes to Greek churches. It’s from Achaia – Corinth that he writes Romans where we started.

No comments: